This 32-hour module picks up from Introduction to Reflexology, covering body systems related to:
- The Body
- Integumentary (skin)
- Skeletal (bones)
In this module students will study theoretical lessons via the online classroom for six weeks and meet at the Northwest Austin studio to study the practicum lessons for two weeks.
- Netter's Anatomy Coloring Book 2nd Updated Edition, by John T. Hansen, ISBN: 9780323545037. See on Goodreads. As well as colored pencils, markers, or crayons.
- Therapeutic Reflexology: A Step-by-Step Guide to Professional Competence by Paula S. Stone, ISBN: 9780131579248. See on Goodreads. (From Module One)
- Internet-ready computer with speakers, microphone, and webcam; or an internet-ready Tablet device with speakers, microphone, and webcam. You will be downloading the Zoom app on your device to participate in the live, online classes. Test your device and settings here: https://zoom.us/test.
- Bring to in-person classes:
- Note taking aids
- Sack lunch (herbal tea and snacks are provided)
Note: students of other programs wishing to further enhance their training via distance education can request access to the course at a discounted rate via email. Requests are approved on a case-by-case basis.
Spring 2019 Class Dates:
- Lesson One - Friday, March 22nd, 7:30am-11:30am, live Zoom class
- Lesson Two - Friday, March 29th, 7:30am-11:30am, live Zoom class
- Lesson Three - Monday, April 1st, 7:30am-11:30am, live Zoom class
- Lesson Four - Friday, April 19th, 7:30am-11:30am, live Zoom class
- Lesson Five - Thursday, May 16th, 9am-5pm, in-studio practicum
- Lesson Six - Friday, May 17th, 9am-5pm, in-studio practicum
Amy Kreydin, Board Certified Reflexologist and Clinical Aromatherapist, has been in private practice since 2004. Kreydin received her certificate as a Certified Reflexologist from the Palmer Institute in Salem, MA in 2004, and was awarded her board certificate in Reflexology from the American Reflexology Certification Board in 2006. She trained at a Harvard teaching hospital in Boston, MA and obtained her Certified Clinical Aromatherapy Practitioner (CCAP) in 2011. In 2015 and 2016 Amy received her advanced diploma in Aromatic Medicine from The Institute of Traditional Herbal Medicine and Aromatherapy, and the Heal Center in Atlanta, Georgia. She has lectured and taught classes in wellness institutes, hospitals, colleges, conferences, and clinics since 2007. Kreydin is passionate about whole body wellness and loves helping folks reach their health goals to live an abundant, vibrant, and balanced life.
StartUsing Zoom for the first time?
StartThe Body Slides
StartChapter 10 Reading Assignment and Quiz
StartChapter 14 Reading Assignment and Quiz
StartLesson One Zoom Meeting Recording - Fall 2018 (228:55)
StartLesson One Zoom Recording - Spring 2019 (229:55)